Monday, July 10, 2006

Anne R. Kaiser Pays a Visit

Today, Anne R. Kaiser, Democrat, Maryland House of Delegates, District 14 came to my house to talk about the issues. I answered the door, and she asked if my mom was home. (That is in my mind strike one, that she didn't consider the fact that I vote as well.) After my mom and I went outside to talk with her, leaving the puppies inside, she gave us each brochures. On the cover was a picture of her at a playground with two kids beside her. So being the dick I am, I said "Oh, you have kids?" She was a bit embarrassed, and admitted that they were just some kids she picked up off the street, though not in so many words. I let it go at that, but had I really wanted to vex her, I would have said something like, "My, what beautiful children you have. I can see why you are so dedicated to 'supporting our schools'* and why you are such an advocate of 'creating a safe environment for children and their families'*." (The quotes with asterisks by them were taken from the pamphlet.) Now its not that I dislike her or her policies; in fact, I know nothing about her, and from what it says on her pamphlet, I am in favor of her polices. Ok, I just lost interest in this topic.


Moving on, last night I made first contact with my soon to be roommate, and from our 3 minute conversation, he seems alright. Actually, all I really know about him is that he works as a Pizza Deliveryman, and that he likes programming video games and acting.

Speaking of college, I just got in the mail today, a letter from Rensselaer saying that regular sheets will not fit their beds, but these sheets that they are offering to sell me for the very low price of $189.95 (that's a savings of $52.40!) are guaranteed to fit. Did I mention the FREE SHIPPING? OMG. Along with the package they claim is the '#1 student choice' (the most expensive one), they have a bunch of unnecessary stuff like the 'bedside buddy' and the 'underbed storage solution'. Geez. It is a pretty nice package, but still. What a gip. I'm tempted to e-mail some random student there, and ask them if it really is true that regular sheets don't fit the beds.

1 Comments:

Blogger MS2k said...

I, too, have never heard of her. Bollocks, though. She probably knows that she ain't welcome around my place.

Geez, regular sheets won't fit their beds? I thought size didn't matter. You should stick it to the man and grafitti their expensive sheets. =]

7/11/2006 1:40 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Web www.mrdisk.blogspot.com