Tuesday, August 15, 2006

This has been a fun few weeks.


Aside from the sadness of leaving all of my friends, this has been a fun few weeks.

I had a lot of fun at the camping trip in the woods, and I enjoyed the LAN parties and seeing Superman Returns on IMAX. That was cool. David and I got to have a goodbye lunch with Mr. Robinette, and then we spent the afternoon at his house watching movies while we waited for 7:00 when we would all gather at Dominic’s for dinner. Not that the dinner itself wasn't fun, but I think the most memorable moment that night was the drunken lady who we encountered outside after dinner. I'm probably not the most worthy to re-tell the story, (because when I tell a story, I somehow manage to suck all the life out of an otherwise exciting event) so I won't. I'll just say that it was very hard not to laugh during our 7 minute, very one-sided conversation with her.


_______________________________________________________________________________

Anyway, two nights ago, my dad took me outside to the backyard and said "Come here, we're going to smoke a cigar." This didn't come as a shock to me, because I had suggested we do this about a month ago. So I was sitting on the back patio smoking my "first" cigar, and my dad keeps passing me a glass of wine to 'cool my mouth down' while we talk about all sorts of things. I don't know if it was the alcohol or the cigar that did it, but after I was half finished with the cigar, I began to feel light headed. Then when I was almost done with it, I began to feel really sick. My heart was beating really fast, I was incredibly lightheaded, and I was quite nauseated. About an hour later, after my dad had got me some club soda I felt better.

Now my dad feels bad for making me sick, I feel bad for getting sick, and I didn't get to finish the last 2 inches of my cigar. Oh well. At least we got to have a nice conversation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Web www.mrdisk.blogspot.com